What is Dedicated Hosting and What you need to know!
What is Dedicated Hosting?
A dedicated hosting is also known as a dedicated server, dedicated hosting server or managed hosting service. It is a kind of internet hosting in which the client leases an entire server and doesn’t share with anyone else. Hence, this is more flexible and has better performance than shared hosting.
For example with shared hosting, a client is sharing resources (physical computer) with many other clients. With VPS hosting, clients are also sharing the same machine with others but not the resources with other clients.
However, with a dedicated server, organizations have full control over the server(s) with all of its resources. It’s including choosing of the operating system, hardware, software, etc. There is also another level of dedicated or managed hosting commonly referred to as complex managed hosting.
What you need to know?
- You will have complete control over your server, and you will be the only one using it
- The dedicated server always has powerful hardware such as RAM, HDD, CPU,…
- Dedicated server always has a high performance for medium and large business enterprise clients
- It has better performance than shared hosting and VPS hosting
- It’s more reliability when comparing to shared hosting and VPS hosting
- It has a dedicated IP address and it’s unique
- It’s more expensive price than others hosting types like shared hosting, VPS hosting,…
- You will need an expert technical support in order to control or customize for a specific purpose
Using a dedicated hosting offers you the benefits of high security, performance, high resources and full control on it. If you have a plan to build a large website with heavy traffic. Such as large e-commerce websites, big forums or a social network website, then dedicated hosting is your first choice.
Good luck to you,