Guide to install WordPress on cPanel hosting
In this blog, I will show you how to install WordPress on cPanel hosting (in case your shared hosting does not support Softaculous). It is only done when you successfully point your domain to your hosting. Then, now we go ahead for the details. Here we go!
Steps to install WordPress on cPanel hosting
1. First of all, you need to download WordPress source code from the official website WordPress.org
I would recommend you use English version in order to decrease issues while installing and using.
2. Log in cPanel with your given information, you will see an interface like this
3. Keep patient, because all you need to do now is to install WordPress. Click on “File Manager” in “Files” section to access files in your hosting.
Select as the image below, then click “Go“.
4. This is the interface of File Manager. Click on “Select All” then select “Delete” to delete all inessential default files.
5. Click on “Upload” button then select .zip file that you downloaded in step 1 to upload WordPress source code to host.
This progress will run automatically. After finishing your upload, click “Go back…” button to turn back to File Manager interface.
6. Select uploaded file, then click on “Extract“ button, select “Extract File(s)” to decompress it
7. Move the whole documents in “wordpress” folder (already extracted) to original folder “public_html” by checking on”Select All“ checkbox, select “Move File” and edit the link from /public_html/wordpress/ into /public_html.
8. Go back to the cPanel interface, click on MySQL Databases in Databases section as image below
9. Enter any name you choose into “New database:” box and then click on “Create Database” button to create a new database
10. Scroll down a little bit and create a new user
Notice: You must remember your password in order to use for wp-config.php file in next steps
11. Add user to database
Tick at “All Privileges” box then click on “Make Changes“
12. Access to File Manager, find the file name wp-config-sample.php and change its name into wp-config.php (right click on the mouse button, select Rename). Then, open this file (right click and select Edit) and find the lines as below
- database_name_here with database that you created at step 9
- username_here with user that you created at step 10
- password_here with password you selected at step 10
After finishing, click on “Save” button to save all settings.
13. Enter your website URL in the address bar of web browsers with this structure: http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/install.php. Replace “yourdomain.com” with your real domain.
A setting page will appear and allow you to select language. You can set “English (United States) to default then click on “Continue“ button.
14. Fill full information you choose your domain in forms.
- Site Title: name of blog/website.
- Username: your login name.
- Password, twice: your password, enter twice. Notice: distinguish between uppercase and lower-case letters.
- Your E-mail: your email address
- Privacy: allow search engines to crawl your blog/website data.
15. If setting process successes, you will be welcomed to a page like this.
Click on “Login” button to switch to login page.
16. Enter your login information that you selected at step 14 then click on “Login“ button.
This is the interface of admin page in WordPress, or WordPress Admin Dashboard.
Then you complete installing a blog/ website based on WordPress source code. At this step, your blog/website is ready to run; however, there are some other optimizing, setting steps which will be introduced in the subsequent blogs.
There’re many shared hosting providers with high quality services & support that you can choose to buy your hosting. All you guys can read this article to view more >>> Top web hosting review latest in this year
There’re also many hosting coupons that can save you a lot when you want to buy. So that you should visit these articles below to find coupons before buying hosting
Godaddy hosting coupon is just only for $1/mo + Free hosting
iPage coupon code with 75% off hosting active and latest
GreenGeeks coupon code with 60% off web hosting active and latest
Bluehost coupon discount code with 66% off hosting just only $2.95/mo
MochaHost coupon code is just $1.95/mo shared host latest
If you found this guide “install WordPress on cPanel hosting” useful, please share it to other guys.
Good luck to you,